Monday, May 23, 2011

Suzie Cute!!!

So we picked up the chickens earlier tonight... Whew! Dang things are a mess! It was kind of a mess getting the big 3 from my dad's because they just don't want to cooperate in any way shape or form. But bringing them home was kind of funny. you could hear them scratching around trying their hardest to get out and run a muck in the car.

We went over after taking my dad to a doctor appt. He's doing better and hopefully this treatment will work to set everything right for him again. It's crazy how he has never been sick before this but it's a really good thing. Cross your fingers that he is in the lucky 80% that does great with this :) My dad is kind of cool and pretty funny. He loves Cielo to the ends of the universe and back. He gets so into her stories and will do anything to make her smile. They played a lot at the doctor's office and giggled so much I think the nurses were a little upset because they were so loud. But it made a lot of the other people there laugh because they were having such a happy time together, and who doesn't like to see a little girl happy and laughing with her grandpa? The nurses that took dad's blood were a hoot though. they made both Cielo and dad laugh especially when they started talking about veins and having Cielo do dad's tests so he would pass just like at school, lol. It makes me happy to see my family happy, especially when things aren't going quite so right.

I looked at my husband again today and thought about what a handsome man he is. He got his hair cut the other day and he looks so much younger than I do! I thought about it the other day and soon I will be in my 30's and he will still be in his 20's... Yikes! 3 1/2 years isn't that much difference but it is still funny to think about and it's good for a laugh when you need one. He really is a handsome man though, and Cielo is a really pretty girl. Man where does that leave me :-/ Oh well every family needs and ugly duckling, I just don't think I'll grow out of it thought :)

The ducks in the front have started picking on Suzie Cute again... grrr! She is way to sweet for her own good. I tried putting up a small fence but when she realized that the ducks had more feed she jumped it to get to it. How funny is that? My chunkers can hop a fence, well fall over like a big clutz but still, that amazed me! This weekend hopefully we can get her space built so that she can't hop over and no one will pick on her so that her feathers can grow back. I'm really frustrated at all the other birds for picking on her but I know that's what happens in the animal world so I try not to be to harsh on them. Suzie Cute will have to learn to be a bit more aggressive if she wants to be with the others but I think she is content just to be herself and be happy and nice to everyone. I think Andrew would have loved her just as much as I do. He always had a soft spot for the underdog and that is exactly what Suzie is. I love the way she runs up to me after not seeing me because I was at work. I know that she is a happy girl and will live a good life here for as long as she wants to be with us. I love that chicken :D

No comments:

Post a Comment