Thursday, April 14, 2011

The chicks got stepped on :(

So today was the big hatch day and like a goof, Little-et led the chicks out of the nest box and they are way to small to get back in. I guess 2 of them wandered to far off and they got stepped on by the bigger ones and died :( I tried to save one but it was to late for the poor thing. They are now buried in the back yard under one of the trees. Poor things... I put momma and the remaining babies in another coop and locked them in so we can be sure not to have another incident like that one.
The duckies cussed me this morning to!! They were upset I didn't have treat and gave me that sideways look and kept quacking. That was the "you suck because you don't have treats" look and quack. So I went back out this afternoon and gave them some peas and cleaned the pool and gave them fresh water and food. What kind of thanks do I get? One quickly bites my necklace while I am bent over then they all avoid me like the plague the rest of the time that I am in the pen :/  My animals love me...lol
Jonathon has been in El Paso since Monday so I got to do this on my own this week. Not something I want to do again. Did I also mention I think we have chicken mites to? One more thing I had to try and figure out while he is gone. I don't think I like it when he is gone because then I have to do things on my own and I have no one to bounce ideas off of and no one to tell me I am crazy and over thinking things :) No one ever told me that would be one of the best things about marriage. Someone to always bounce ideas off of because you are a visual learner and they can actually understand the crazy things you say and can translate it to human for others to understand (he probably needs to explain that for me to so that it doesn't sound so bad... lol)
Lily bit my toe and made a little cut on the side while we were playing yesterday :/ that hurt but she didnt mean it so I have to forgive her this time. Poor thing is cooped up in the room all day and when we get home she gets way to excited. I think we need to put her outside so she can play with the chickens and ducks but maybe not becasue they have leaned that they can pick on her and she likes to eat chicken poo (ewww!!!!)
So that's my crazy couple of days. I can't wait till tomorrow when Jonathon gets home and I have my husband back so that he can make my crazy days better because he is much better at burying chicks than I am :P

No comments:

Post a Comment