Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My New Blog!!!

So for some reason I thought it would be neat to blog. Just to tell about the random thinks I think and the funny things that go on at our "funny farm". So where do I start with this???
   Houston! That was an amazing trip! It occurred to me on Friday while I was working I had never been totally and completely alone with Jonathon for that long of a time. Sure we've had date night or Cielo would go with Nana for the weekend but we'd have her half the day then pick her up the next afternoon. It was really great being alone with him for so long (even while missing my baby) and I'd love to do it again but not to soon because Cielo called every couple of hours :) Dinner at Aquarium was a great surprise (I highly recommend them) and so romantic I kind of wanted to cry but was way to excited to even try it. The concert was amazing! I was in the same room as the best cellist of our time!!!! I know dorky but wow it was neat! China town was pretty interesting too. I'm such a small town girl that the signs in oriental languages were fascinating to me lol. The drive home was great but kind of sad at the same time. The farther north we got the smaller the trees got and the dryer/browner things got to :( I'm not saying I would live in south Texas permanently but the green and the tall trees were a nice change of pace.
   Duckies!!! As everyone knows I really like having my ducks and my chickens. My barred rocks are so funny and especially with the new rooster that we have for them. Henry and the girls are like animals from a scary movie lately. They will come running to me when I step outside because they know I have a treat somewhere for them. They love oats and if I don't have them with me then I'm in trouble. This morning when I went to feed my ducks I ran just to see if they would chase me or wait until I came back... Yep they chased me the whole way there!!! That had to have been one of the funniest things I have seen in a while :) Before I was sad because none of the chickens or ducks would come to me but now they know and they all get under my feet so we trip over each other. The teenage chicks live with the ducks which might have been a bad idea to put them all together. They don't sleep in their coops they sleep on the ground between the coops and snuggle together... awwww..... but not good when its cold out at night. Silly chickens and duckies, without them I'd only laugh at Cielo and Jonathon ;)
   So for now I think that is all of my ramblings. I may have more coherent thoughts to ramble about later but I'm thinking it wasn't to bad for my first ever blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment