Sunday, April 17, 2011

Night, night time babies...

Today was long! We got up this morning and started with the garden. We bought a lot of plants on the way home from Houston and they were pretty sad looking. We were wanting to wait until the wind died down a little bit... big joke I know :/ So finally we decided that today was the day no matter what. So we got up and first thing was to feed all of everybody. I went to the duck pen first of course and everyone was in the chicken coop! They are usually all in the duck coop but last night the door blew off and I guess it was to windy for everyone so they went to hang out in the other coop for a change. So me and Cielo cleaned the pool (we really need a bigger one) got everyone some water and food and we had some happy babies.
The baby chicks are all doing great now. Momma is doing much better since she is isolated with them and big brothers and big sisters can't step on them. We took the 2 cornish out of the banty coop because even though they are bigger than the others they are still at the bottom of the pecking order. They seem to be doing better but looked like they were trying to get back into their home :( I feel really bad for them but there is nothing we can really do for the poor things, they were just from a really bad batch of chicks. But I really like them because they come to you and trust you without question.
I think my big chickens are going to start molting soon or they are just being stubborn butts because they have only laid 2 eggs total in the last 3 days! Dang chickens. I really hope not though because I dont want to deal with skinny featherless chickens.
Cielo went with my mom today. When she is gone it is always so quiet. There is just one of her and I swear it's like 20 of her are gone because its so quiet. That kid makes me laugh so much. She called before bed time but hardly listened to a word I said, of course. But When I missed one thing she said, oh goodness, It was the end of the world. lol... good thing she comes home tomorrow :)
Dad and Jonathon did amazing on the garden today. I cant wait till we can start getting vegetables from outside. I am so ready to cook fresh it's rediculous. I have recipes set out and ready for the first veggies that I can pick. YUM!
I put all the babies night night but it's not like they stay where I put them... lol. Silly ducks and chickens were ALL sleeping outside of their coops! Every last one is sleeping outside of the shelter that we built them. Oh well, I guess its because I don't make them go in as babies so they don't go in as adults. But they are so cute! The babies came and played with us before bed time, but then they peep because they want to come back and be with us, cute babies :)
Now everyone is in bed and I guess it really is night night time... So... night, night babies

No comments:

Post a Comment