Saturday, April 16, 2011

So guess what???

Hehe!! I got 2 new duckies!!! Wait they are African Ground Parrots! I'm not allowed to have more ducks so that is what they are :D
Has anyone ever heard of chicken math? Well its very complicated and involves a lot of complex formulas but it works like this: 4 of our banty eggs did not hatch, and 3 of our banty chicks died of being cold/getting stepped on by the others. So this means I can get 2 ducks and still have the same amount of fowl in the back yard!!! The new babies are khaki campbells and they are so super cute!!! Oddly tho one is considerably smaller than the other. I wonder if her parents were smaller or if her egg was just smaller than the rest?  They are both extreamly people oriented to. Last night the only way to get them to stop peeping was to sit next to their cage and talk to them and they only wanted to eat if I fed them :) This is a relly good thing becasue I know that when it is time to go out to the ducky pen with the others they will be a lot more receptive to Cielo in the pool with them which will really make her day.
I'm so ready to take them everywhere with me so that they can keep being really people friendly and maybe not cuss at me like the other ones do when I don't always have peas... lol. Well I think I am done getting ducks and chickens for this season now. I really did just want 2 more to put in the pen because I was worried that with just 4 ducks in the pen when the chickens are allowed to get out that they would be lonely. Now they can have their own little flock and just be happy little duckies. Well after we get them a bigger pool of course and a lifetime supply of peas. I really do hope that at least one of the new babies is a boy. We have 4 girls already and dang I really wanted babies later this year. Not a lot of babies just a couple. Cielo really wants to have a stand this summer so that she can sell chicken eggs, duck eggs, vegetables from our garden and lemon-aid. If we actually do it everyone has to drop by at least once to get something because she has her stand and prices all planned out already! $.50 for a cup of lemonaid, $1 per pund on veggies, $3 dozen chicken eggs and $4 dozen duck eggs. That is one smart kiddo!
So no everyone knows a little chicken math. Isn't farm life great? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment